Luna’s TrueClot® Blood Simulant is a highly realistic simulated blood for training first responders in traumatic hemorrhage control, wound packing and the use of advanced hemostatic dressings, TrueClot Blood Simulant will form realistic simulated blood clots when used together with TrueClot Simulated Hemostatic Dressings on any task trainer- or manikin-based wound simulator. Simulated clots for moulage or surgical training can be created using TrueClot Blood Simulant with TrueClot Clotting Solution.
TrueClot Blood Simulant comes as a premixed liquid or as a convenient concentrate that is easier to ship and store, but requires mixing in water.
TrueClot Blood Simulant and Blood Simulant Concentrate are safe and non-hazardous, wash from skin and clothing with soap and water and can be discarded in regular trash. The simulated blood will not clot unless it comes in contact with our Simulated Hemostatic Gauze or Clotting Solution and is stable for 18 months if stored at room temperature.
- Pre-mixed Blood Simulant has a shelf life of 18 months from date of manufacture and an expiration date is listed on each bottle. Blood Simulant Concentrate has a shelf life of 18 months from manufacture as listed on each packet and 6-12 months after being mixed. Distilled water is recommended for longest shelf life.
TrueClot Blood Simulant has been approved by:
Use of TrueClot Blood Simulant will not void the warranties of any of these products if both are used according to manufacturers’ instructions.
The following TrueClot Blood Simulant products are available for purchase:
- TrueClot Blood Simulant Pre-mix, half gallon (product #5111) – $30 MSRP
- TrueClot Blood Simulant Pre-mix, gallon (product #5112) – $50 MSRP
- TrueClot Blood Simulant Concentrate, one gallon pack (product #5115) – $45 MSRP
- TrueClot Blood Simulant Concentrate, four 1 L packs (product #5117) – $60 MSRP
- TrueClot Clotting Solution, 500ml bottle (product #5132) – $30 MSRP